Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hello, My Name is Corinna

Me again,

I believe there are few people who actually like their name through life. We always want what we don't have, so it stands to reason I guess.

My name is Corinna (pronounced Co-reen-aa). I have had life-long trouble getting people to pronounce it correctly. I often would get called Coreen, or Corinne, people seemed to have trouble. Of course, my older brother's friends called me "Corinna cat chow", which didn't improve my feelings towards it. My most excellent childhood friend and sister Eve (who uses her middle name, incidentally) started calling me "Cori". When moved in with her family after my mother passed in 1985 (I was 13), Eve introduced me to everyone as "Cori" and it stuck.

At various points in my adult life I have tried to introduce myself as Corinna, however there always seemed to be someone around who knew me as Cori, or people who couldn't say it right. Cori it is--makes life easier and I don't dislike it.

Thank you to my sweetie who met me as "Cori" but calls me "Corinna".

No comments: