Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let me do it!

Seth has really begun to develop his own unique tastes in music, art and entertainment. He has taken a real liking to Mad TV, have you seen it? Some of the skits are too mature in content for him but he'll turn it off if asked to do so. He favorite character is Stuart. He is often scanning youtube to watch the different scenes. I've decided to share this one with you, cause if you are unfamiliar with Stuart, he's got the devil in him just like my little bubba!



School was cancelled today due to inclement weather. Oh the joys of Nova Scotia! It looks absolutely fine out there, but having just gotten back to regular time with the boys I have to say it's nice to take a day off with them.

Before bed last night, Sidney threw the biggest fit. He tends to repeat himself and raise his voice when he doesn't get what he wants. I had to drag him upstairs to bed, push him to brush his teeth, and listen to him screech because "he wanted to play playstation2--not go to bed!" This morning was no different. He just doesn't listen all that well sometimes even though the rules don't change. He tries my patience very much and is damn lucky he's so cute.

I know I haven't been around all that much. I have been writing, but just elsewhere. I am doing very well and just finding my groove in my new single status. I still don't go out much but last week was an exception. I had plans every night but one the whole time the boys were at their dad's. Man, I have to say I was a little overwhelmed, but I had a lot of fun as well. I actually had a dinner date with a man I met in the fall. I'm not used to this dating stuff and I'm not looking for a relationship at all, but it was nice to have good conversation and enjoy a meal out. Free food is always good. We'll see if he calls again.

After all this time blogging, I finally figured out how to insert a video into a post! Progress is marvelous.

1 comment:

PinkPiddyPaws said...

See.. THAT is where I'm going wrong in this whole dating thing. :) I keep paying for dinner so THEY are getting free food. ha.ha.ha..