Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fiscal Year End

I have been working at my current place of employment for the last 6 1/2 years. We do inventory in June, October, February. This one is the most important as reports must be prepared for the Fiscal Year End. We manufactur/retail windows and doors. Every last screw has to be counted and noted on inventory sheets. These sheets then become the responsibility of my co-worker Diana and I to enter onto spreadsheets, then I find costs for finished product. We have pre-entered costs on manufacturing supplies to make the process easier, of course. February is a slow month in the industry so it is a good time to get the pricing done before it gets really busy again.

The only thing different about this inventory is that my boss is on a cruise this week. I was the lady in charge today. I controlled the organization of the counts, although most of us know what has to be done and how to do it. We worked extra hard to make it right so that the poor man won't be afraid to go on future vacations. We got everything done by about 6:30 tonight. The Homeshow is starting on Friday and I am taking 1 shift and maybe another if needed. It's a long week, but a nice little bonus on the paycheck. Gotta love it!

No comments: