Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Week In My Life

I really just began writing this blog as a means to keep family members up to date on my life. I have been reading my sister Eve's for a couple of years now, and learn so much from her blog and those of the bloggers she loves. I finally took some time to really explore some of these "blogs of note". I am learning not to second guess my posts--that is to write the ones I am thinking about instead of discarding them as passing thoughts.

My time gets eaten up so fast. I work 8-5 Monday to Friday. I get up at 6:00am to get myself and the boys ready for school and daycare. Obviously on the weeks the boys are with their father, I can sleep a little longer. I have been thinking I may start doing pilates in the morning instead of after supper...but I digress...After work I pick up the boys and come home to cook supper. Sometimes I come home from work at lunchtime and get a head-start on it. I can have veggies ready to cook and meat in the crockpot some days. I sort of try to plan the weekday meals with some good holsom ones and some easy ones. I try to stay away from junkie meals like take-out or kd and hotdogs (although it is a Saturday afternoon favorite every second week). By the time supper is done and dishes are cleared away, it is time for play and mama's clean up. Then on to baths, homework, bedtime snacks and a little quiet time then Sid goes to bed at 8:00, and Seth 8:30 (then he reads for at least 15 minutes). I have incorporated exercise in there for myself as well. Usually I do it right after supper when the boys are playing and having desert. If I am really lucky and the evening goes well, I can actually sit down and watch a show at 9:00. Usually I tape everything then I am sure not to miss anything.

Weekends are slower going for us. I don't make alot of plans in general. Seth often has a sleepover here with a friend and we will run errands or go to the playground now that the weather is nicer. The boys are reaching an age where I can get up, get them settled in with a show and some breakfast and head back to bed for a while. I don't sleep soundly, mind, but it is restful just to spend a little extra time relaxing. Before I turn twice I am back to Sunday night. It is now 8:15. I don't have the boys here tonight (just have to get me ready). I still have to shower, straighten my hair and iron some clothes for the morning. Oh! Lunch would be good too. Hmmm...there are a few choices. I will have to think about it some more.

I am grateful to have a good job that supports me and my children, but do I ever wish sometimes that I could spend every day with them. Not to have to work, you know? I miss so many little things. I must say though that I have faith in the childcare facilities I have chosen. They take good care of my boys and provide excellent learning environments for them. Life is what it is and all we can do is make the best of every moment. I am working on not wishing so much time away waiting for the next weekend.

No comments: