Saturday, April 28, 2007

Feed My Self Esteem

This was the title of a small exercise we did in Human Relations during my year at college. We had to give a piece of paper with this title to 5 people who were students, and 5 who we knew in other capacities. These are the responses I received in 1996:

NonStudents:

You are to me the picture of cheer. Always willing to help someone in need, even if you are in need yourself. You are always filled with love and kindness. You are the best friend a person could ask for.

John Riutta
Cori is the most empathetic person I have ever known. She never trivializes the problems or pain of another person. This is her most admirable quality and what makes me prooud to call her my friend.
Patty Desjardins (my best friend at the time)
You are the most sensitive person I know, with respect and understanding of people and their problems and you try to keep everyone that you deeply care for happy. You are also very loving and caring person. I see this especially in the way you are with my family (daughter). I am glad to know you and very lucky to have you as a friend.
John Desjardins
Cori is very friendly, easy to talk to and down-to-earth. She seems to be always in a good mood and has a contagious laugh. She is very nice and cares about others. She is a hard worker. All around nice girl.
Jaques Simmard (husband of a classmate)
I really enjoy Cori's positive attitude and great smile. Cori also has a good sense of humour and a very inquisitive nature which I appreciate.
Judy Neville (professor at college)
Students:
Cori is a lovely person to know. She is always very pleasant, helpful, and willing to go that extra mile. I find her contributions in class extremely interesting
Pam Holmes
You are a very nice person. You have a lot of good things going for you. You are easy to get along with and you are easy to talk to.
Cathy Comeau
I find you to be a very positive person. Yoiu always look for the good in someone before the bad. You are always cheerful and happy, and if someone is having a bad day you always try to help them out because you are a compassionate person. I am very happy to have you as a friend. I can trust you with anything, personal or not. You are a great person. Don't ever change.
Tracy Sampson
Cori has a great sense of humour. She is sensitive to others' feelings. Beautiful on the inside and out. She is a supportive, a great listener and is friendly. She is always willing to help others, and is also a great dresser.
Brenda Goldie
You are out-going, very friendly, and very unique. I hope someday that I will be able to speak as well as you do. You are a very likable person!
Debbie Hudson

No comments: