Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My Hair, My Samson

I have been letting my hair grow since Seth was born in October 1997. I have made slight changes to it since, but only an extra layer or whatever. I only trim it once or twice a year on average, and I have added highlights 3 times over the past 8 years. I have finally gotten up the nerve to change it. Thursday is the day...

I don't know why, but it's almost like my hair is my strength and confidence. Sound weird? Ah well, that's me. It makes me feel pretty. I suppose that's because as it was growing, I was also loosing weight (40 pounds, actually) and I was starting to look and feel better about myself. In my opinion, my hair is my best feature. It is certainly what people comment on the very most. I have held off on cutting/changing it drastically. Part of me is afraid that the confident feeling I carry will go away when I make that change. Silly, really...

My sisters sent me a little gift the other day. A beautiful spring jacket in turquoise, and a really pretty dress that I can wear to work. I have been looking at the jacket and imagining myself wearing it with a different hairstyle. I know in my mind what I want, we well have to see how it all turns out. I need to do this. I need to update my style. I will post a picture once I have done the deed. Wish me luck!

No comments: