Monday, July 23, 2007

My Gay Friend's Wedding

One of my best women friends, Brenda, married her long-time partner Linda in a small ceremony in Halifax this past Friday night. I had the honor of standing next to her and being a witness of the union. The Justice of the Peace gave a lovely service, and the ladies wrote their own vows to one another. When she originally approached me about standing for her, she said it would just be she and Linda, me and another witness. I was a little surprised that she didn't want to include more family and friends, but she just wanted it to be small and then have a party later. I was so pleased when she called 3 weeks ago to say that they had invited their families and a few friends. It really was a very unique and touching night. I have met her parents and siblings many times over the years, so it was wonderful to spend time with them. It was also nice to meet Linda's family, and all their friends. I could clearly see the love and support of each person in attendance.

I thank you, Brenda, for always being such a great friend to me and for allowing me to be a part of your special day. I couldn't be happier for you.



Adrian, Linda, The JP, Brenda and Me


The First Kiss

No comments: