Friday, August 03, 2007

Mean, Wild and Far Away

Have you ever been singing at the top of your lungs to a song you think you know the words to, but really don't? Such an embarrassment to be caught...

Growing up, I was introduced to a wide variety of music. My Mom's boyfriend Brian had a HUGE record collection and the stereo was on much more than the television. I could write posts for days just on musical tastes and artists that I love and why, in fact, I may just do that from time to time. As a young adult, I packed my things and moved across the country into my brother's place where I got another fabulous dose of musical variety. We would sit for hours having a good old fashioned Nova Scotia style KITCHEN PARTY, discussing artists and where we first heard them. Being 4 years older, he had a better recollection of the artist's names and album titles. He has collected well over 300 cd's over the years.

One group that stands out to me is The Moody Blues. It's nice background music, but also very nostalgic. There is a song titled "Meanwhile and Far Away" that I have always loved. Funny thing is, until I was 20 years old, I thought it was called "Mean, Wild and Far Away". I had been singing it that way since I first heard it. Thought of that and it made me giggle.

No comments: