Friday, April 18, 2008

Leap Of Faith

Taking it to the next level...Jumping in with both feet...Taking the plunge...Buying Shit together

We are officially amalgamating our lives, the boyfriend and I. We bought a car today. We traded in my shitbox Hyundi and bought a 2005 Honda Civic. It is not sporty. A 4 door sedan. Excellent for transporting children from place to place, but not horrible at the gas pumps.

I have been self sufficient for some time and while I know this is such a very positive step in the relationship, I couldn't help feeling that I was giving up just a bit more of myself. I rely on me. That's how it is. Now I rely on him. It's bizarre that I feel this way. We've been living together for almost a year now, but it's just that now we have something big together to pay for. Obligations. I hope this doesn't come accross with a negative tone. I really feel quite happy to have a great new car that does not omit blue smoke at intersections. I just wanted to say what I was thinking is all.

I want to say a special thanks to my guardian dad...who I know checks in on me. He gave me a car a few years back when he moved. I sold it and put it to good use for my household. He's probably reading and thinking "I gave her a perfectly good car. Why didn't she keep that one?". I apreciated that gift so very much. It was a beautiful black sexy car, but it was so big and I couldn't drive it without worrying that I was going to back it into someone...it was so damn big!

No comments: