Friday, January 25, 2008

Suck It Up Buttercup

Someone once said I was lucky to have my husband (now ex) because he was strong and I was weak. I only bring it up because it was someone I was close to that said it, and I disagree. I have thought of the comment over the years because even though I am a very emotional lady, I feel more than capable of dealing with life. I have my initial freak out and then I fix whatever needs to be fixed. The time in between can cause me a lot of anxiety, however, I always manage to land on 2 feet. My children are always provided for and things just move along. It is so easy to get lost in all the bad things that happen in life. We have had a barrage of events here lately and we feel like we have been treading water too long. It is a new year. It started with a bang...quite literally...when someone backed into my driver's side door while i was inside eating supper at my house. Yes, I was parked on the road but it was only 5:00pm and I do it all the time. He just didn't look, but he did let me know and give me insurance information. So, I FINALLY finished up with all of that yesterday. Insurance companies SUCK, just for the record. I am glad we are through with that. My love has some MAJOR changes going on at work causing him upset. I am trying to be supportive while not asking too many questions and making him feel more frustrated. The situation made me think of this song. Enjoy! If anyone can help me make the youtube video appear on my blog it would be appreciated.

I happen to know Chad Hatcher (featured in the song linked above) personally. He went out with a friend of mine and I used to see him quite often a couple of years back. He went to Toronto to appear on Canadian Idol, but was eliminated early. Lucky him, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.