Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Sopranos

A&E just got made! They are now broadcasting The Sopranos on A&E from the beginning! I order the movie channels every year when the new season comes to HBO. I have seen each episode AT LEAST a couple of times, and I absolutely love it! I was very glad to hear they would be running the show regularly so I can get my fix, as the new season will be the last. My only complaint is that it has all been edited. I know some people wouldn't mind this, however, when I see Paulie slam a man's head against the table and holler "Forget it!" instead of "F**k it!", the effect is somewhat different.

It's not that I can't enjoy it without the swearing, but it is different all the same. I have a bit of a potty-mouth myself so I am not the least bit offended by the language. I can appreciate that some folks are, but if you don't like that sort of thing, this is not the show for you. I know they have rules about language, but CTV ran it without editing for a couple of years, so why not A&E? I will still watch because I love it, love it, love it, but inside I will continue to giggle when I hear the substitute words that they have inserted. That's my rant for the day, thank you for listening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a love/hate relationship with the Sopranos. I ABSOLUTELY love the creative writing for that show; it definitely has a hook! But I hate the violence more so than the language. It bothers me, so I had to stop watching.
I realize that if the violence was gone from the show (or the language, you're right) it wouldn't be the same show, but; I need to have sweet dreams at night!!!

Enjoy!

Kelly =}