Thursday, June 07, 2007

Don't Push Me...

Have you ever heard of "Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five"? They are a huge 70's rap group. Anyhow, their song "The Edge" is still very well known. A few months back I heard (for the first time) a great sampler of it in a Shaun Desmond song called "Get Ready". I think most would know it from Happy Feet. If you have young children, you have probably seen it a time or 50. Sidney was home sick on Tuesday and we watched it again. My favorite part was when Mumble, Gloria and the other penguin children are having their first singing lessons with Miss Voila. It goes like this...

Miss Voila: "Does anybody have a heart song to share?"

Seymour: "Oohh pick me, pick me!"

Seymour: "Don't push me cause I am close to the edge...I am trying not to loose my head." accompanied with a little rap beat, of course...

Miss Voila: "Yes, I like that one, I could really get jiggy with that!"

Makes me laugh out loud every time I see that!

2 comments:

Eve said...

I remember the 2 of us singing that song- back in the rollerskating days at Wheelies... hee..

the princess said...

ah wheelies...memories...