Friday, June 08, 2007

Is 6 Horsepower really neccessary?

Up until last summer when I started renting my little townhouse, I had never mowed a lawn before. Many years ago, my ex and I purchased a lawnmower at the Sears appliance store. It had been returned by an older gentleman who (bless his soul) just couldn't keep up with a 6 Horsepower self-propelled lawnmower. It's only every younger man's dream mower, and we got it at a bargain price! Shortly thereafter, I tried to use it--once! Man, it scared the hell out of me, honestly! I was practically chasing the thing.

For all the summers he was away and I was on my own with Seth, and then the 2 boys, I never once had to use that mower. A friend's husband, and neighbour, my friend Jodie's son...someone always got it for me. Princess? Yep, that's me.

A friend pointed out to me when I moved here that I would need to mow my lawn. Much to my horror, I found myself purchasing an electric lawnmower at Wal-mart. It's a start, all right? Mission successful, I mowed the grass all by myself last summer . Did both the front and backyards today, as a matter of fact. psst! Blake does it most of the time now though--hehe--lucky me!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you!!! A girl who can look after her own mowing.. can go far in life.

B