Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Cold Hard Truth is This: The Tooth Fairy is a Lame Ass

Why can't I remember to play "tooth fairy"? Why? Seth lost a molar yesterday. He showed it to me, asked me for a baggie, and placed it carefully under his pillow. As I was tucking him in he said "I hope the tooth fairy comes tonight." Hate to break it to you sweetheart, but she might not make it. It must be the onset of old age. This is AT LEAST the 3rd tooth he has not gotten paid for. He told me one other time that he doesn't think that the tooth fairy is real. At the time, I said "she's just behind sometimes and has to come the next night". Then I go put the money under his pillow and pretend it has been there all along. Look bud, you must have just not looked had enough. Do you think he bought it? Nope. Not for a second.

This morning he says "Oh man, the tooth fairy didn't come AGAIN!"

I said (as I open my wallet to get some coins) "That's because the tooth fairy is a lame ass."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take no blame. Let the absentmindedness fall squarely on the tooth fairy!

Mom of 3 boys said...

I to have forgotten to have the tooth fairy come....so don't feel so bad...

Sid said...

I would have gone with ... "That's because the tooth fairy has fallen on hard times. She's currently in arrears due to the American recession but as soon as she's back on her feet again you'll get your money." Man I'm going to love being a parent.