Thursday, March 06, 2008

Clumsy-Ass Chick

This is not the first post about my clumsiness and it certainly won't be the last. Damn freezing rain! I had to drop off some brochures for overprint yesterday morning and in the 15-20 minutes I was out of the office, I managed to come back all gimped up. After dropping off my stuff I headed back to the truck but before I managed to get to the door I slipped. I fell onto my knees and instinctively put my hands forward for support. They slapped onto the ground but did not provide much support because they immediately slipped out as well, leaving me sprawled out in the parking lot. Oh shit! Did anyone see that? Did I rip my dress pants? Again, did anyone see that? Of course my chin hit the ground as well as my knees, palms and one elbow and I was bleeding from my fingers. I am walking sooooo slowly today.

The thing is, I never hurt myself badly enough for a hospital visit or anything. Just enough that I am bruised, battered and sore for several days. The troll at work was bitching about how I should sue. Ummm...last time I checked you actually had to lose time at work, or have a serious injury in order to sue. I replied by simply saying "I'm at work today, so what I am I going to sue them for exactly?". Not to mention that we don't/can't sue people the same way Americans can. That's not a dig at Americans, they just do things differently than we do here in Canada.

The boyfriend was extremely sympathetic as soon as he saw me hobbling around. He got me an ice pack and had me lay down on the couch with my leg propped up on pillows for the evening. I am staying close to my desk today. Less opportunity to fall down that way.

3 comments:

PinkPiddyPaws said...

I can think of even MORE fun things he could have done with you, while you were lying on your back, that would have helped get your mind off of the pain. hee...hee..hee...

the princess said...

yeah, we did that later on...hehehe

Mommato2 said...

O.k. girl, you better be more careful....you aren't even a senior citizen yet....don't want to end up with a broken hip or anything!

Take care,
TL