Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My T-Shirt Collection

I dropped by the Sassy Suzel's blog this morning and discovered she had tagged me for a post. I was so excited to post it, I actually felt ok with having to pick Seth up from school early today (he gets unexplained belly-aches sometimes and I always grill him about pain levels before I will get him---mean mama!). I really don't have many t-shirts that say anything. I wear mostly solid colored plain shirts. My first thought was "Man, I wish I still had my vomit glossary t-shirt. That would be hilarious!". But alas, it was so old and worn that I had to cut it up for rags. It had 12 block comics, each one depicting a different saying for "Vomit". One was "Dry Heaves", another "Praying to the porcelain god"...you get the idea. It was the funniest shirt I ever owned. I did manage to find a few that I would love to share with you. These ones are very girly and probably more what I normally wear. Snow bunny (that's me, by the way) and The Doors (gotta love them!).

These are "pub crawl" t-shirts. You may be asking yourself (or me) "What is a pub crawl?". Well, when you live in the city with the most bars per ca pita in the country, you stroll from bar to bar all night. It's not really a regular thing with cover charge being so outrageously priced, but a well organized pub crawl can be a lot of fun, and can last up to 12 hours if you do it right. Sometimes if you call ahead and have enough people, they will (or used to anyhow) waive cover...sweet! It's awesome in a big group. Believe it or not, some bars are so close together you really could crawl to the next if so inclined. Next question "Princess, why is the writing on that shirt upside down?". Hello! I have to be able to read it so I know where to go next! The beige one is from a pub crawl I organized for work. We didn't have a great turn-out, but it was a fun. The black one is from an impromptu high school reunion with some old friends. Good times, good times.




This shirt has been washed so many times that it has holes all over the place. The pits blew out years ago, but i really can't bring myself to get rid of it. This is Pink Floyd we're talking about here! Concert event of my lifetime for certain.

We bought tickets 4 months in advance (floor seats no less) and there was NO WAY anyone was backing out. Here's the scene: Vancouver, 1994--not gonna tell you how old I was, you do the math. My guy and I had broken up about 3 weeks before the concert. His cousin and her boyfriend (also attending with us) had broken up just shortly before as well. Thank god we did have 1 poor buffer guy with us. Actually, we were all so happy to be at the concert we decided on a truce for the night. What a long, strange trip that was.


I once saw a shirt that said "Whenever" on the front, and "Where ever" on the back. My ex-husband didn't like it very much, so I wasn't able to buy it. It made me laugh and I never forgot it. All my girls poke fun because I am always up for some sexy time. I gotta find a "Princess" shirt. Actually, "I'm the Princess, that's why" would be PERFECT for me!

Now, I think I will go ahead and tag some mamas. I tag: Mom of 3, Momma to 2, and my sister Eve. Holla ladies! Let's see whatcha got.

I would also like to know what Kitty and Sid are wearing.

4 comments:

Mom of 3 boys said...

Ok, I am in the process of doing this 'T-shirt collection"...check mine out...by the way I love your post.

Anonymous said...

You have great shirts. A lot of mine are well-worn with holes also. Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PinkPiddyPaws said...

ha..ha..ha... I'll have to handle this tonight. :)