Wednesday, May 30, 2007

She's Having a Baby

Anyone remember the movie "She's Having a Baby"? It starred Kevin Bacon-- when he was quite young actually. Anyhow, during the scene where the wife is in labour, it featured a beautiful song by Kate Bush that is just so poignant to me that I wanted to share it with you. It also reminds me greatly of miss sweet/salty Kate's birthing experience...



I just received a call from John. Monica gave birth to a baby boy named Jones (pronounced like Jonas) at 4:25pm today. He was 8lbs 12.2 oz.-- Almost the exact weight as Seth (8lbs 12.5oz) at birth! After 24 hours of labour, the baby was taken by c-section. Mother and child are doing well. The boys got showered and dressed with lightening speed while waiting for their dad to arrive! They are off to meet their brand new brother. Incidentally, I saw pictures and he looks exactly like Sidney did at birth...hmmm ...John's genes came right out there!
Welcome to the world little Jones!

No comments: